Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sick Pea again, not to worry though. Pea will be ok

I don't like complaining about being sick and I'm just about to so I posted a picture of this washed up dead tree I took with my cell phone this past winter. That way anyone who doesn't want to hear about my being sick can still enjoy a pretty picture and then skip the rest.   I wish I had taken more to use for a drawing but I didn't know it was to be removed. Anyway, enjoy.  Isn't the winter sky just beautiful?  And the cold ocean so blue?  Ok now skip the rest if you're as bored as I am from all my health issues.  Go on, I won't be hurt.....don't be shy with a comment though.
Posted by Picasa


So here we are again.  I have tonsillitis.  My doctor has me on penicillin and a mild steroid 4 times a day and told me to give myself and my  throat a rest. Talk only when necessary and no yelling for a few days.  I thought, "ummm Yeah. ok.  Easy as pie doc."  No talking and no yelling.  He must not know any Filipino women.  First thing I did when I got out of that office was call my best friend and then my sister.  After I got off the phone Mr.Pea said to me in his smartass voice, "I thought you weren't supposed to talk a lot?"  I said, "I know but I had to get it out of my system." Truth is I really don't like talking on the phone but I love my sister and my bff and they live so effing far away from me.  So today begins the silence............so far so good.  I think.


I'm also supposed to stay out of the sun because of the antibiotic and he said not to do too much physical activity until at least 48 hours after my last dose. I need more rest and I have to stay away from spicy & salty  foods and citrus.  Ok I can deal with the no talking.  I can even deal with the no yelling(I hope). I can ween myself off salt and I don't drink juice anyway.  But no beach and no jogging?  WTF!? There's a conspiracy against me I know it.   He's right though. Normally I take really good care of myself.  I mean I was sick for over a month this winter but everyone in Northern Florida was sick.  It was the worst winter I've ever seen in Florida and then pollen season snuck up on us all and tried to do us in.  But other than that I really do live a healthy lifestyle.  I jog 2-3 miles at least 3-4 times a week.  I have a healthy diet, I don't have to do manual labor and I don't have a lot of stress. For a girl my size, I'm pretty strong.  I don't get worn out that easily.  What's funny is that it wasn't physical activity that exhausted me, a person did.  I let a negative energy in my life and it exhausted me and distracted me from the most important thing to me which is my health.  And being exhausted effed up my immunity.

 I wish I could go into more detail about those "incidents" I was bitching about a week and a half ago.  But there's so many little tedious details that happened over a long period of time and I didn't start this blog for that kind of gossip or to complain endlessly about my health. But I was really forced into reevaluating and then redefining all the relationships in my life.  And I have only myself to blame, I'm the one who who wasn't taking care of myself  so I hold no negative feelings against this person.  BUT When I found out I had cancer, I had surgery to cut it out.  We should all be able to do the same with all that other stuff.  When there's something negative in your life, CUT IT OUT.  Or you'll end up with infected tonsils like me.  Stuck inside on a beautiful day.  No jogging so you'll feel crappy about your body.  No salt, so all your food will taste like crap. Not talking and no yelling so you can't yell at your husband(oh actually I guess that's a good thing oooh but that's so hard) or talk to your sister.  Take my advice peeps.  If there's anything or anyone in your life causing you stress, wearing you out, sucking your energy--- you can't get rid of it fast enough my friends......

At least with the no talking means I'll have to blog more.

4 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, poor baby. I'm so sorry. Not talking is impossible for me, too.

I agree that energy vampires should be cut out of your life because they take your vital energy and give nothing back while laying you open to any lurking germs. Please take care of yourself, and if you feel like painting, please share your pictures here. (That's a wonderful photograph, btw.) Feel better soon!

Pea said...

Thanks! I'm working on a drawing right now. Hopefully I'll finish it before the end of my "convalescence" . I'll post it.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Just checking in again. Are you beginning to feel better yet?

Looking forward to seeing your drawing! That's good news.

Pea said...

I am, thank you. I'll post my drawing soon. Still needs some work.