Sunday, November 28, 2010

Floridians don't have a right to be cold.....no one told me about this rule.

Discloser: I'm 100% sure I've posted this before but it's that time of year when this kind of stuff starts to get on my nerves so just bear with me.


I have a love/hate relationship with snowbirds. They're great, they come to Fl this time of year and stay until the end of spring. They're usually in a good mood at first but are lacking in Southern manners, (which I am not only accustomed to but prefer) so they also bring a certain pushiness and sense of entitlement with them that I can usually overlook because I know they're not from here and mean well.(was that a run on sentence or was that a run on sentence)By the end of SPring they've pretty much worn out their welcome because I can tell that they too are beginning to get sick of the slow South(which is ok, sometimes I do too) and start complaining to anyone who'll listen which is usually me because I'm too polite to say that I don't give a f-. If I hear, "Well in (insert city) people don't blahblahblah" one more time, I might dig out my own ears with a shovel. If I wanted to know what people do or say or act or buy or eat or read or whatever, I would go there.


Why is it that if I say I'm cold, people assume it's time to start a contest of who's colder,as in "HA! That's nothing! It's 30000 below zero over in (insert city), Wimpy!"

I'm not trying to start a new Olympic competition of who's colder, I'm just saying that I'm cold. Obviously I'm not an idiot so I know it's colder in (insert city).....THAT'S WHY I DON'T LIVE THERE. Just cuz I live closer to the equator, doesn't mean I don't have a right to be cold or say that I'm cold or that I've just taken the first move in the "who's colder" contest.......just sayin'. I think I'm going to just start carrying around gold medals to hand out to people in the winter for winning the "who has more right to be cold" contest that no one told me about.


When people complain about how effing hot they are in the summer, I don't jump out of my skin to keep my head from exploding so that I can berate them about how "it's a thousand degrees here(insert snooty and disdainful laugh)" or that "we all sweat buckets at night so shut up and stop complaining because you don't have a right to be hot". My usual reply is,"Yeah, well it's summer. You'll be happier when it cools down this Fall." These are the same people who can't take air conditioners set below 85. I don't get it.

4 comments:

super des said...

I think you should start giving out medals. :)

Pea said...

I'm just being mean because I have insomnia :o) It was really warm today btw

Pea said...

It must be a new contest that no one told us all about I guess :o) ANd yes it was frrreeeezing this morning. AT least the sky was pretty.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I have lived in Florida and it gets cold there too. Comparable temperatures to other places is not relevant.

I just returned from two weeks in LA and froze the whole time. I had stupidly assumed, although I should know better, that it would be balmy summer weather and packed only light clothing. I also mangled all the fingers of my right hand in a rolling garage door that I had to be saved from by another person, and now I have black fingernails on my horridly swollen fingers. It's too bad Halloween is over because it gives a nice Goth look, I think. All I need is some piercings and a million scary tats.