Friday, December 3, 2010

Random

Went to a Christmas Party tonight. Naturally a topic of conversation was whether or not I will have a baby in the next year. Usually I get a little touchy when people bring this up because I think it's pushy-no one asks men these kinds of personal questions. But since I was actually holding a baby at the time and sticking my nose in her neck to inhale the smell of baby powder, making wrinkly nose faces whilst singing a Korean song about a hopping bunny in the silliest voice I could muster, I took no offence. Of course it's going to happen just, obviously not today.

I know, I know, you're thinking right now, "Korean song? How does Pea know Korean song?" My BFF is part Korean and her mom used to sing it for us. That's how I know. Ok? And yes I will sing it for my future hypothetical child too.

Peanut made his great escape a few nights ago. He tricked MrPea, wiggled out of his harness and ran off down the road on a wonderful hour long adventure. MrPea is easily tricked because he is so damn trusting and Peanut know this. Of course this happened as we were fully dressed to go out for a fancypants dinner. We finally gave up walking around in our beautiful outfits and got in the car to drive down the road in the direction he was last seen because I'm always afraid he'll chase something and get hit by a car. That dog was a mile away when we found him and I could tell he was in no distress over the fact that he was away from the only 2 people on Earth who could ever love him, a bad seed, as much as we do. As we got closer I have to admit how resentful I feel about the happy look on his face. Why does he do this to me? This dog turns 13 years old this month, he should be too old for this running away silliness, I know I sure am. He acts like we keep him in such a miserable existence that he needs to just break out of jail any chance he gets.

My ankle still hurts. Of course wearing heels a couple times hasn't helped. Still though, I've never had an injury last this long and it's driving me crazy. This ankle has ruined everything. I can't jog. I can't look for shark teeth. sssiiiggghhh

1 comment:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, he is a bad seed for sure! I hope your ankle feels better soon, and the baby will come when he or she is damn ready.