Sunday, September 26, 2010

Totally Random and Pea News

-first let me start out by saying no I'm not pregnant!!  I say that first because every time I tell someone I have some news, that's the first thing they assume.  So no, it's not that.  I'll totally tell all about that when it happens.  


Anyway, ahem.

*I've been sort of looking for a job.  I say sort of because it's been a half ass attempt. Half ass because at this time I'm lucky enough to not really HAVE to work but now that I no longer(knock on wood) have all kinds of doctor's appointments or volunteer stuff I thought it would be a good idea.  I have a lot of sales experience in the past so I've been mostly concentrating on local stores.  I just want something part time and easy, maybe even seasonal until I go back to school.  Because, yes, I have decided to go back to school.  Not for what I originally intended to do which was teaching but for something else.  More on that later.  Anyway back to what I was saying.  A job.  I haven't had traditional work in a long time so I must have forgot about all those stupid personality assessment surveys companies make you take as part of the application process.  Because some of the questions were so ridiculous and even though I'm guessing I'm supposed to keep these questions private, I never signed anything binding me to do so and I figured I needed to tell you guys!  It's not like I'm naming names anyway.

So one of the questions was:

"How would you describe your level of confidence and self esteem?"

Not bad right?  Sounds like a relevant question to me.  Until I got to the answers.

a) I am more confident than most and have a high self esteem.
b) I have the same confidence as everyone else and an average self esteem.
c) I have less confidence than most and very little self esteem.

and I'm not lying

d) I have no confidence at all and no self esteem.


WHAT?  Do they really expect someone to choose "d" ?  Um.  Ok. On to the next.

"If you had five minutes until the end of your shift and a customer began asking you for help that you knew was going to take more than five minutes, how would you handle the situation?"

a) Ask another associate to help.
b) Tell the customer to ask another associate to help.
c) Help the customer yourself.
d) Slap him.


This leads me to believe that someone got slapped at this particular store just for asking someone who was having a crappy day and was ready to leave in 5 a question.


*Are you wondering why in tar-nation I would even be looking for a job, what with all the shark teeth and beach adventures I could be participating in?  Honestly the transition I'm in was all inspired by my trip to SD and a good talk with my BFF.  She gave me some really good advice and a sort of spiritual kick in the ass.  With all my smack talking I've still been living my life as a sick person in the waiting room.  And then when I finally really was ok again I still kept my life on the pause button waiting for the other shoe to drop or to get sick again.  It's time to put on some lipgloss and  move the hell on.  I think going back to work or school or both whether I decide to have a baby this year, next year or in 5 years is the best thing for me to do.  I'm going to study skin care and skin aesthetics.  It will be the perfect field for me.  Which leads me to my new project.

*I'm starting a new blog.  A beauty and skin care blog.  But not the "I need to show the world how to do everything because I'm a damn expert at all things beauty"  because I'm NOT.  In fact half the time I don't know what the hell I'm doing which is why I've decided to do this.  It will be for everyone.  All ages and cultures.  Real women, not intimidating beauty gurus or impossible to duplicate make up artist tutorials. Because who do women trust the most when it comes to buying beauty products?  Our friends.  Not sales people  who need to make quotas or celeb make up artist who get paid to mention certain brands.   I don't trust half the people who try to help me out when I go shopping because they usually have too much on.  And we'll all be involved in offering tips and product reviews, blog administrators AND readers.  I want anyone who wants to contribute something to do so.  Readers can send in posts, reviews,videos of hauls or tutorials about what works, what hasn't worked, what's on their minds, whatever.  And even though I freely admit that I'm not an expert or a make up artist AT ALL, there are a lot of things I feel completely confident in sharing such as nail care, nail art, skin care for sure.  Because I have the most ridiculously sensitive skin on Earth and just about everyone in my family has had problems with excema. I've been there done that when it comes to handling sensitive skin.   Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.  The point I want to get across, if any, is that it's for real everyday women by real everyday women and not only will it be fun, it will also be funny.  I'll be doing interviews, contest give aways, all kinds of exciting stuff. I've got some great things planned.  So stay tuned.....you'll see.

2 comments:

super des said...

I hate those stupid assessments.

Anyway, good luck with everything!

Pea said...

I knew you would know about those things. They are so ridiculous and companies should know that no one tells the truth.

Thanks and BTW I'm hoping you'll let me interview you for a beauty profile in the future? Don't answer me now just Keep it in mind.....

I'm still keeping this blog-I thought I wrote that but I must have left it out.